Competitor Price Analysis
Competitor Price Analysis – extracting data, images, and other documents from a web site in an automated way provides an opportunity to conduct accurate Competitor Price Analysis.
Just imagine having a copy of a competitors products extracted from their web site delivered to you in Microsoft Excel.
In today’s competitive on-line world, its critical to have an insight into your competitors pricing.
Using screen scraping and other web data extraction techniques enables you to harvest data and compile it into a usable format.
Extracting Competitor Price Information by hand is “do-able”, but it may take many weeks to complete, by which time the data may not be as relevant any more.
Why use iHarvest to perform Competitor Price Analysis?
- Extract data and images from a web site very quickly.
- Conduct regular business intelligence on your competitors without having to spend hours /days / weeks compiling data and extracting prices etc.
- Analyses a competitors site. Measure their product range.
- Identify a competitors brand proportion, how much of one band do they sell, what product types.
- Identify if a competitors is selling products you are not, and vice-versa
- Extract data and images from a web site very accurately.
- Compile the extracted information into a database or spread sheet to draw further analysis and findings.
- Raw extracted data can be processed and modified using Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) techniques. This data can then be used as part of a company’s business intelligence operation.
iharvest.co.uk – Providing your company with Business Intelligence – helping you stay competitive !
Our services help make Competitor Price Analysis easy and something that can be done regularly without any impact on your current resources.
Extract Data Automatically no more copy and paste.
Our services can save you hours and hours of manual effort.
Save 100’s of hours manually inputting
Why use Screen Scraping?
- Perform counts of products in sections and sub sections.
- Perform counts of products in and out of stock.
- Monitor current and historic prices.
- Visualise your competitors “in stock” items multiplied by the price to get a stock evaluation.
- Get a complete list of all brands sold.
- Get a complete list of sections and sub sections of products.
- Analyse brand size proportions in a competitors catalogue.
- Compare brand size saturation with your own store.
- Look for products on offer and calculate the percentage of the price reduction.
- With regular data extractions you can see trends of stock quantities, brand size growth or decline.
- With regular data extractions you can see stock levels as at last Easter; Christmas; Father Day; Mother Day etc.
- Monitor the competitive landscape.
- Have the insight to make fair and accurate price comparisons .
- Combine SKUs (Product Codes) to make like for like comparisons.
- Make better decisions for your business.
- Analyze Promotional History.
- Present data in chart or tabular format.
- Drill Down to the actual product data !
- Import data to other tools such as SQL Server, OLAP Cubes, SPS etc
- Understand how your products are presented on-line compared with your competitors.
- Set up alerts looking for new products added to your competitors store.
- Set up alerts to track any dramatic price differences.